Many artificial colors, artificial flavors and food preservatives commonly found in processed foods have been linked to various forms of cancer, asthma, allergic type reactions, behavioral changes, lowered IQ, hyperactivity and more.
The more additives we avoid the better. Here is a list of just some of the additives to try to avoid:
- Sodium Nitrate (also called Sodium Nitrite) found in cured meats like bacon, ham and lunch meats.
- BHA and BHT (Butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydrozyttoluene) found in cereals, chewing gum, potato chips and vegetable oils.
- Potassium Bromate found in baked goods to add volume.
- TBHQ (tertiary-butyl hydroquinone) found in instant noodles, crackers and other prepared foods.
- Sodium benzoate found in fruit juice soft drinks and salad dressings.
- Azodicarbonamide used as a dough conditioner in baked goods. Also found in yoga mats.
- Artificial Flavors found in nearly all processed foods with no way of telling what “artificial flavors” actually means.
- Food Colorings (dyes): Blue 1, 2; Red 3; Green 3; Yellow 6 found in candy, beverages, baked goods and pet foods.
Posted in 2017 Health Tips, Health Tip #44, Uncategorized
Tags: Artificial Colors, Artificial Flavors, Cancer, Food Additives, Food Preservatives, Hyperactivity, Inspiration, Nitrates, Noisy Foods, Toxins
Leave a comment
Low Fat, Sugar Free, Low Calorie, Cholesterol Free, Lean, Diet… If you see these words on food labels on products on the grocery store shelf, put them back and walk away! When you see these words think chemical $&!% storm. Low sugar or sugar free often means artificial sweeteners. Saturated fat free can mean these fats have been replaced with damaged trans fats and vegetable oils. Low fat often means high sugar or high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is used to enhance the flavor. To make any of these products taste good after all the natural goodness has been stripped from them, artificial flavors, monosodium glutamate (MSG) and artificial colors are added to them. And of course to keep all of this … whatever it is, “fresh” then of course food companies add preservatives to the products. Most if not all of these products will also be produced using genetically engineered ingredients (GMOs).
I’ll have more to say on each of these in further posts but for now, what’s the bottom line? All of these “foods” because of their toxic nature, promote weight gain, not weight loss. If you want to lose weight, just eat real food.
Posted in 2017 Health Tips, Health Tip #9, Uncategorized
Tags: Artificial Colors, Artificial Flavors, Artificial Sweeteners, Diet Foods, GMOs, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, MSG, Preservatives, Trans Fats, Vegetable Oils
Leave a comment