Why? Why do you make health and weight loss resolutions every year? If you don’t have a strong enough why, you are not likely to see your resolutions through. Your why is as individual as you are but whatever that why is, make it a good one!
Your why could be because:
- You want to be as healthy as you can, to be there for your family. If you’re not feeling well, it is hard to show up and be your best for those you love.
- As the years tick by, you realize you don’t want to be a burden to your family and you want to take responsibility for your well being so they don’t have to.
- You’ve come to the realization that by loving and caring for yourself first, you have so much more to offer and so much more strength to draw from.
- Your medicine cabinet is beginning to look like a pharmacy and you’re taking one medication to manage the side effects of another and so on and so on. Maybe you’ve decided you want to get to the real root of the problem.
- Maybe you or a loved one have had a scary diagnosis or a close call that has made you rethink how you care for yourself on a daily basis.
You can even create a why if you can’t find a strong enough motivator. Sign up for something that’s going to keep you accountable. Sign up for a fitness program with a set goal date or sign yourself up for an upcoming running race.
Whatever your why, start a wellness journal and write it down. Keep that why in front of you and remind yourself of it often. Collect images of what you will look like and feel like when you reach that goal and keep them in your journal. Daily visualize yourself having reached that goal and feel how it feels now that you’re there.